The Uist Arts Association
The Uist Art Association (UAA) was formed by a group of people interested in promoting and facilitating the arts on the Uists. Artists, makers, writers, and those keen to support arts activities and appreciation, established the Association in 1989. The UAA was instrumental in the establishment of Taigh Chearsabhagh Museum and Arts Centre in Lochmaddy, and continues to be involved in steering the running and development of this award-winning centre.
The UAA is involved in arts education, exhibitions, cultural development, literature and writing. It arranges the Art on the Map open studio trail, and an annual open show each summer and winter.
The activities of the include regular poetry readings.
The UAA has well over 100 members and is open for anyone who would like to support us and our activities. You don’t need to be an artist or maker, just have an enthusiasm to see the arts flourish in Uist.
Membership entitles you to :
- submit your work to our open exhibitions
- participate in other activities
- join our email news list
- add your events to our calendar
- publicise your news and achievements to members and visitors
- add your profile in our members’ directory (members can also choice not to have a public profile)
- become an Art on the Map participant (this is optional, and may involve additional costs)