The Uist Art Association (UAA) was formed by a group of people interested in promoting and facilitating the arts on the Uists. Artists, makers, writers, and those keen to support arts activities and appreciation, established the Association in 1989. The UAA was instrumental in the establishment of Taigh Chearsabhagh Museum and Arts Centre in Lochmaddy, and continues to be involved in steering the running and development of this award-winning centre.
The UAA is involved in arts education, exhibitions, cultural development, literature and writing and arranges the Art on the Map open studio trail each summer, and an annual show each winter.
The UAA has well over 100 members and is open for anyone who would like to support us and our activities. You don’t need to be an artist or maker, just have an enthusiasm to see the arts flourish on the Uists.
Membership entitles you to :
- submit your work to our open exhibitions
- participate in other activities
- join our email news list
- add your events to our calendar
- publicise your news and achievements to members and visitors
- add your profile in our members’ directory (members can also choice not to have a public profile)
- become an Art on the Map participant (this is optional, and may involve additional costs)
- sell your work online through this website
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org