12 x 12
at Taigh Chearsabhagh Cafe, Lochmaddy
Saturday 24th November – Saturday 5th January
Preview – 7pm on Friday 23rd November
Following the success of last winter, we are returning to the CD format that we devised last year as it enabled us to show such a varied and rich selection of our members works in the limited space available in Taigh Chearsabhagh’s café.
- The show will take the form of mini-works each made to fit inside a CD jewel case.
- This exhibition of members work, makes a virtue out of the small size of the works on show.
- We hope that the challenge of creating new work, of restricted size, in any medium and on any subject, will produce a myriad of responses.
- Unframed and reasonably priced, this show will offer an ideal opportunity to acquire work from the talented local artists and makers.
- Small but perfectly formed, we hope that this will create a mosaic of varied and interesting pieces. The whole being greater than the sum of the parts.
- There is no price restriction in place, simply the size.
- Every member is encouraged to submit 3-4 works. We will hang as many as possible, depending on number of entries, and retain the remainder as replacements when work is sold
- Work should be unframed and sized at 120mm x 120mm (12 x 12 cm) . If your work is 3D, please be aware of the depth, the cover must be able to close securely. This may allow work up to 4mm of depth, but please check your own work.\
- UAA will supply the CD case for work to be hung, but please ensure your work will fit securely inside a CD case and that the cover will close properly. Works will be displayed in grids on pre-prepared boards of 4 x 4 cases which will create a very high visual impact and allow everyone a chance to exhibit within the space available.
- The more submissions the better. This in an Open show, so please feel free to submit work across any and all media and theme you wish. Be creative!
- Dates to remember: Work can be left in TC – Mon 19th November to Wed 21st Nov
As ever if you have any queries please do get in touch we’d be happy to help. If you need to join UAA, you can do so here
To enable us to plan for this exciting show, it would be really helpful if you can confirm your participation along with the number of pieces you aim to submit – please email Cally email@example.com
Works submitted should be clearly labelled with the following information:
- Name of Artist and contact details
- Title of work
- Full sale price – note that there is a 25% commission payable to TC for any works sold
Labels can be downloaded here